Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What the spotting is

Well, I'm firmly into my 9th week of pregnancy #2 after a round of IVF that almost got called off. Safe to say I'm very happy about making it through this far, and if I make it to week 12 I'll truly celebrate! The spotting, according to my OB when I asked at 7 weeks (at that point it was consistently there, always just ... present) she attributed it to implantation. Now, I'm no MD, and I didn't go to Med School for 4 years plus, but I knew it wasn't implantation. That doesn't last for 7 weeks. It came back at 8 weeks, for about 5 days, and I was already scheduled for my last RE appointment and scan. The wonderful Dr. Wong showed me on the screen the subchorionic hematoma that was likely causing the spotting, and said that it would most likely resolve itself since it didn't seem so large and the blood spotting like it was old. So that's a relief, just to know what is going on.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that they could figure out why the spotting was happening. That can be really nervewracking! Your numbers look great too...good luck with everything and congrats!

Baby Blog Directory said...

I spotted throughout the first trimester with both pregnancies with no real explanation from the docs. I did suspect a subchorionic hematoma, but they were never able to see one.

I pray that your results are wonderful and that the spotting stays away!!