Thursday, April 24, 2008

So far so good....

By the time I got back into the RE office on Tuesday, I was feeling pretty twingy.  Which is good, since the entire time I was in this cycle, I wasn't feeling a thing.  Which is why they almost called the whole thing off.  Wouldn't that have been rough.
By the time Tuesday (4/22) rolled around, the dr found 3 good follicles on my right: 25.5, 21.5, 17.5, and 2 small 10's.  On the left, I had a 15.5, a 15, 13.5, and 2 under 10's.  They had me trigger with Novarel at 9PM on Tuesday, and scheduled for the retrieval today, Thursday 4/24, 8AM.
The retrieval was scheduled for today, 8:30AM.  I was told to come in at 8AM, so I dropped my son off at the baby sitter's at 7:30 and hopped on the train.  But as I was getting off the train at my stop in the city at 8:10, my phone buzzed that I had a vm....and it was the anesthesiologist!  He said I was late because they were expecting me at 7:30!   Of course they were wrong, I had my appointment paper that clearly stated the later time, but of course the sullen nurse at the desk took it upon herself to scold me and give me the cold shoulder until I told her that I was, in fact, on time.  Why do they sometimes get so righteous?!?!  It's an INFERTILITY CLINIC for Pete's Sake!  No attitude at the desk please, we all have enough on our mind.  Even if I was late, would I really have been late on purpose for the retrieval?!?
There. I feel better.  Well, anyway, they were able to retrieve 8 eggs.  I assume at least 2 of them were too small since my last scan showed only 5 mature or close to mature follicles.  So doing a bit of unscientific math, I think if they can successfully ICSI 4 of the 6 eggs, then allow for the 50% blast rate, I might be looking at 2 embies to transfer.
I just have to sit tight through the weekend and make it to Sunday so I can hear what they say.  I'll be keeping myself ultra busy til then...

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Sorry to hear about the mean nurse, it sucks when they get like that! Glad the ER went well.